Program Overview: In-home based parent education program for parents of children aged birth to twelve. Provides parent education, support, and access to community resources. Sessions occur in the family home, or other designated location, on a weekly basis. Sessions utilize the Nurturing Program and other parent education resources, with weekly sessions lasting for 60-90 minutes. Duration of services range from 6 months to 18 months, dependent upon parents needs/progress.
- Parents desire to receive parent education- voluntary program.
- No income requirements.
- Child between birth to twelve.
- If parent has mental health issues, must be actively participating in prescribed treatment.
- If parent has substance abuse issues, must be actively participating in prescribed treatment.
- May not have domestic violence in the home.
- Effective 6/1/09, children must be in the home. DHS can be involved, but children must be in the care and custody of parent(s).
For more information contact Missy Denning at 234-7600.