The Wise Guys Program is an award-winning adolescent pregnancy program committed to helping teens develop healthy relationships by teaching practical decision making skills. The curriculum and program is designed to promote sexual responsibility in young males.
The wise guys program is committed to helping teens develop the following skills:
- Improved knowledge of sexuality and well being
- Increased communication and trust with parents about issues of sexuality
- Improved decision making skills in regard to sexual abstinence
- Exploration of personal and community values that lead to non-disclosure of violence.
- Increased knowledge of dating violence and establishing approaches to develop positive relationships
- To convey that abstinence is the only 100 percent way to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.
A crucial part of the program is helping each student create a plan of how to handle peer pressure. It is a non judgmental approach that does not use shame or guilt as a motivation for abstinence.
For more information or to schedule a presentation contact Robert Tyson at 319-234-7600 or email@example.com