Family & Children’s Council of Black Hawk County will be saying Good-bye to Shelly Smith, Executive Director, on May 5th 2015.
Smith graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a degree in Family Services and a certificate in American Humanics, Non-Profit Youth Agency Administration. She worked within local non-profit agencies in Black Hawk County for twenty years. In July, 2012 Smith began her placement as Executive Director at Family & Children’s Council. During her three years of dedication to the non-profit agency and the public she worked extensively with members of the Council and their local and state agencies to assure the accomplishments of the council’s stated goals. Smith is a great leader in the community and she will continue her success within Black Hawk County.
Family & Children’s Council is now accepting applications for the Executive Director position. The deadline for applications will be on May 1st, 2015.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Nonprofit Agency Administration, Human Services or related field, plus at least five years of increasing responsible work experience both with families and administration.
- Substitution of one year required work experience for a Master’s Degree in the human services or related field may be made.
- Other equivalent combinations of experience and training could be accepted.
- Considerable knowledge of the theories of human and social behavior, with emphasis on family and child welfare.
- Considerable administrative ability, including program planning, program development, program evaluation, and budgeting skills.
- Experience in preparing and securing grants.
- Experience in planning and community organization.
- Skills in volunteer recruitment, training, and management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, professional associates, and supervisors.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly and effectively in written and oral form.
- Shall not have been convicted of or participated in any crime involving moral turpitude.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to Shelly Smith at email@example.com . For further questions please contact Shelly Smith at (319)234-7600 or by e-mail.