Family & Children’s Council of Black Hawk County will be saying Good-bye to Shelly Smith, Executive Director, on May 5th 2015.
Smith graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a degree in Family Services and a certificate in American Humanics, Non-Profit Youth Agency Administration. She worked within local non-profit agencies in Black Hawk County for twenty years. In July, 2012 Smith began her placement as Executive Director at Family & Children’s Council. During her three years of dedication to the non-profit agency and the public she worked extensively with members of the Council and their local and state agencies to assure the accomplishments of the council’s stated goals. Smith is a great leader in the community and she will continue her success within Black Hawk County.
Family & Children’s Council is now accepting applications for the Executive Director position.
The deadline for applications will be on May 1st, 2015. This deadline has been extended to May 15th, 2015!
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Nonprofit Agency Administration, Human Services or related field, plus at least five years of increasing responsible work experience both with families and administration.
- Substitution of one year required work experience for a Master’s Degree in the human services or related field may be made.
- Other equivalent combinations of experience and training could be accepted.
- Considerable knowledge of the theories of human and social behavior, with emphasis on family and child welfare.
- Considerable administrative ability, including program planning, program development, program evaluation, and budgeting skills.
- Experience in preparing and securing grants.
- Experience in planning and community organization.
- Skills in volunteer recruitment, training, and management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, professional associates, and supervisors.
- Ability to convey information and ideas clearly and effectively in written and oral form.
- Shall not have been convicted of or participated in any crime involving moral turpitude.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to Shelly Smith at email@example.com . For further questions please contact Shelly Smith at (319)234-7600 or by e-mail.